Think global, act local
CleanPowerSF Offers San Francisco residents cleaner energy at lower rates
The electric charges on your bill can be simplified into two categories of charges:
1) Electric Delivery Rates – PG&E delivery rates are the same for CleanPowerSF and non-CleanPowerSF customers.
2) Electric Generation Rates – Generation rates vary depending on the service that you choose: PG&E, CleanPowerSF Green, or CleanPowerSF Supergreen.
If you choose CleanPowerSF service, CleanPowerSF will replace PG&E’s charges for generation. PG&E will also add additional fees to your bill. We always include these added fees in cost comparisons. See the cost comparison table below for an estimate of how much you can save with CleanPowerSF. Contact us to discuss any questions you might have, or to request a bill comparison using your historic billing data.
Discount Rates: Customers that are enrolled in CleanPowerSF will still receive their full CARE/FERA and Medical Baseline discounts. There’s no need to reapply, and there is no change in the discount rates.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE AND RESIDENTIAL RATES
- CleanPowerSF Terms and Conditions
- CleanPowerSF Residential Rates Effective 3/1/18
- SuperGreen Residential Price, Terms & Conditions
- 2016 Product Content Label
- 2017 Product Content Label
- 2018 SuperGreen Prospective Product Content Label
- Understanding Your Electricity Bill
typical residential savings
The table below shows what a typical San Francisco resident would spend for electricity service on their monthly energy bill during the Summer season (May- October).
Enroll in our Green option and receive 43% renewable energy compared to 33% from PG&E. Save money with our competitive rates, currently 2% below PG&E’s generation rates.
- At least 43% renewable energy from sources like wind and solar
- Cleaner energy at competitive rates
- Generation rates are lower than PG&E’s basic generation rates
Eliminate your carbon footprint, and ensure that 100% of your energy comes from renewable sources by going SuperGreen. This is a premium option, and costs typically $5 more a month.
- 100% renewable energy from sources like wind and solar
- For a small premium over Green rates (about $5 a month for the average home)
- No carbon footprint from your energy use
You can keep things exactly how they are, and continue to receive 33% renewable energy from PG&E.
You can opt out of CleanPowerSF and remain with PG&E generation (currently 33% renewable) by clicking the link below or calling (415) 554-0773. Please have your PG&E account number handy.